Saturday, May 20, 2006

I Don't Like Karaoke


But I enjoy the hell out of singing my fool head off in the living room.

It's a talent I don't like to admit I have, but I can, in fact, carry a tune. I was in a band for awhile and sang some back-up. I'm not about to try out for American Idol - I would liken being a contestant on AI to being out for a romantic evening with Bea Arthur. I might not be Taylor Whatever-the-hell-his-name-is, but I'm not William Hung either. (Although I can do a wicked impression of him singing "She Bangs" - another talent I'm not sure I should be admitting).

Anyhow, the point is, I've been enjoying my Saturday off by torturing the dog in the living room with my guitar playing and singing. I'm all about cranking up the stereo and playing along. I could literally waste hours doing that, but I have to remind myself that the house won't clean itself (much to my chagrin). So I played for around an hour or so and found some great stuff on my iPod to entertain myself (and Jake) with.


Since I know everyone is dying to know (yeah, right) what's on the Hi-Fi at Casa de P., here's the short list:

  1. Staind - "Right Here" - I don't care how many times I hear it or play it, it's one of the coolest songs I've heard in a long time
  2. Everclear - "Song From An American Movie Pt. 2" - never heard it on the radio, probably never will, but it's a great song nonetheless
  3. Goo Goo Dolls - "Dizzy" - just a really fun song to play
  4. Crowded House - "Better Be Home Soon" - definitely from the "oldie but a goodie" category. One of their absolute best.
  5. Remy Zero - "Prophecy" - another really fun one to play
  6. Switchfoot - "We Are One Tonight" - it's catchy and fun
  7. Coldplay - "Shiver" - the version from "Live 2003" kicks ass

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

It's time for a new post, dude. I keep checking in and seeing how you don't like karaoke. I need to know what else you don't like! :)

How B you?

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home