Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm Not Nearly That Important

Technically, I've been on leave from work since 5PM yesterday afternoon. I put in for a much-needed break and I won't be going back to work until next Wednesday.

Since I left work yesterday afternoon, I've received 4 phone calls from work. All of them started off with "Uh, I know you're on vacation, but...."

In some ways, it's nice to know I'm needed around the office. It's good to have that kind of job security. But I refuse to think that the place will be taking a nose-dive into hell while I'm gone. Being the helpful guy that I am, I answered the questions that were thrown my way. Then I promptly turned off my cell phone (which is something I haven't done in a long time). I figure that if it's really that important, they'll have to look up my home # (almost everyone calls my cell phone). If someone at work really needs to ask me a question, I'm going to make them work for it!

Now I'm going to get back to enjoying my day off. I have a whole bunch of nothing planned, so I'd better get to it.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who left nice remarks and sent e-mails about my last post. I, and everyone else in my line of work, appreciate those thoughts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat - I hope you get lots of underware time ;)

Kim

8:25 PM  
Blogger P. said...

I plan on spending as much time as possible sans pants. So far, so good!

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home