Friday, April 21, 2006

Exhaustion Is My Friend

OK, so I've been a bit lousy about posting lately. I know this is a poor excuse, but I haven't really had the time.

I've been working entirely too much this past couple months. My "normal" job of sleuthing, detecting crime, arresting the dregs of society has been keeping me extremely busy. More so than usual. In this past week alone we've had to deal with a higher-than-usual number of idiots with guns. I'm not sure how to feel about all that. One the bright side, it's good that we're finding these guns and taking them off the street, right? On the other side of that coin, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting a bit nervous about the amount of guns we're finding. Hell, just last night I recovered three handguns. You heard it here first people. Politicians who tell you that crime is down are LYING! Oh, and not that I'm looking to touch off some fiery debate about the issue, but I think it's important to point out that four of the six guns I've recovered in the past week were in the hands of illegal immigrants. Yes, not only are they here when they shouldn't be, they're armed. Sleep tight!

Anyway, I got a little sidetracked there. The whole point to this is that I'm beat. I'm absolutely exhausted. I started my day yesterday at 7AM. I got home this morning right around 6AM. Long day? Hell yeah. Not only has the crime fighting increased, but my boss has been away since early February in a 10 week training class (hope he learned something). He's due back May 1st and it can't come sooner. In his absence I've had to assume some additional responsibilities in the office. I like staying busy at work, but this has been ridiculous. Once the boss is back, I'm taking a few days off to recharge the batteries and get things done around the house. The biggest downside right now to working so much (aside from the level of exhaustion) - my lawn looks like shit. I'd better go work on that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Well, exhaustion may be your friend *this* week but I'm your friend EVERY week! :) So, I'm around when this hectic period comes to an end.

Pups and lugs,
Me

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home