Saturday, February 25, 2006

Heavy Rotation 2/25/2006

Since I know everyone is just dying to know what I'm listening to on my iPod these days, here is my list of my recent favorites:

  • "Right Here" - Staind - Always been a favorite band and their first track from their new CD is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time.
  • "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" - The Killers - This song just rocks (or is it 'rawks?').
  • "Goodbye Again" - Vertical Horizon - OK, it's probably not the best song for me to be listening to post-break-up, but it's poignant and I really think it's a great song.
  • "Kite" - U2 - I don't care how many times I hear this song, it will never get old.
  • "Love Removal Machine (Peace Remix) - The Cult - I've had the CD with the original version of this song since I was in high school. Never knew an alternate version existed until I found it a couple weeks ago. I don't know why it's called "Peace Remix," but it's a very cool tune nonetheless.
  • "Talk" - Coldplay - What can I say? It's catchy & I think Coldplay is an amazing band.
  • "What About Everything?" - Carbon Leaf - I can't say enough about this one, you gotta check it out.
  • "Will I Ever Make It Home" - Ingram Hill - This one's a really good sing-along for me.

It just sort of occurred to me that I listen to a lot of music during the course of a day. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I get into so much, it would be difficult to list all the stuff I'm playing the hell out of lately. So this is definitely the short list.

As I sit here thinking about all the stuff I've been listening to, I can't help but think of Rob Gordon's (John Cusack's) line from "High Fidelity" - "Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I always trusted your taste in music so I will look those songs right up! And YEY for being a blogger again!

Pups and more pups to you!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home