Monday, February 20, 2006

How The Hell Did I Do That?

I'm laying here in my bed agonizing over the pain that is shooting through my back right now. I'm pretty sure that I've managed to pull a muscle, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I did it. I hate that. And I think we all know what I'm talking about here.

Ever had an injury and you just can't seem to explain how you sustained it? I can't count the number if times I've looked down at my hand and noticed that one of my fingers was bleeding. "I got cut?" A leg or an arm that's pretty damn sore, but you don't recall hitting it against anything, doing heavy lifting, etc. As if the injury itself wasn't annoying enough, it's made 10 times worse by the fact that you don't know how it happened.

So that's what I'm going through right now as I lay here waiting for that muscle relaxer to kick in. (Thank God for having some left over from a prescription filled last year). Of course, the pain will probably subside soon and I'll still be here wide awake still trying to figure out what I did to myself in the first place.

Well, chances are, I'll never figure it out, so I won't waste a lot of time trying. I'm just hoping that this pill does it's job soon or I'll be forced to take another one and wash it down with a cold beer (damn those warnings about consuming alcohol with the medication - I need to get some sleep tonight!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home