Friday, March 10, 2006

It Figures

The first really nice day we've had in a while and I'm stuck inside.

I managed to somehow pinch a nerve in my back yesterday and aggravated the hell out of it during a foot chase with a fuckin' drug dealer. Sadly, he got away, but I managed to get all his dope and his cell phone that he managed to drop along the way. I'll be seeing you soon, "Six Deuce." (I'm not kidding, that's what his cell phone said his name was - yeah, I work in the ghetto).

So I made good friends with Mr. Heating Pad last night and again today. I did manage to sleep pretty well last night, having warded off the pain with a cocktail of muscle relaxers, super-duper pain relievers and a couple Sam Adams'. OK, I know you're not supposed to consume alcohol with prescription medication, but I was in pain, damnit!

I've managed to do very little today, which I guess I'm okay with. I don't have much pain when I'm sitting down, it's the whole walking around thing that messes me up. It's feeling better today though, and hopefully will be fine by tomorrow. I'd hate to go through the whole weekend on the injured reserve.

I figure I'll wander downstairs and play around on the guitar a bit. Haven't done that in awhile since I've been so busy with work. Now would be a good chance to capitalize on my down time.

Gotta go play rock star now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home