Saturday, May 06, 2006

Life Does Imitate Art

Or at least it does tonight.

I was watching a favorite movie of mine today (or at least part of it before I had to go to work) - Sideways. Damn good film and I think Paul Giamatti really does a hell of a job (he's come a long way since his role as "Pig Vomit" in Howard Stern's "Private Parts").

The only problem with watching that film is that it always, and I mean ALWAYS makes me thirsty. So although I only caught about 20 minutes of the movie today, it inspired me to go buy some more wine. You can never have too much of that around, I think.

So now I'm back home, work day is (finally) over. Once I got in the front door and let Jake outside, I couldn't open up a bottle fast enough. (wow, that makes me sound like a drunk, doesn't it?). I have a pretty tasty bottle of Shiraz to enjoy, great music playing loud on the stereo and some great Chinese take-out. It's nice that I don't have to work tomorrow so I can sit here, enjoy my take-out and polish of this bottle of wine (yeah, that part made me sound like a drunk). Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Sounds to me like you just enjoy a good bottle of wine! :-) I started watching "Sideways" and couldn't get into it. I do, however, like Paul Giametti (and I thought he was a great "PV" in "PP" btw) - just couldn't get into a movie. Of course, my movie taste apparently runs to the lowbrow lately since the best one I saw recently was "Ali G in da house" (sad, innit?)

Pups and lugs to ya!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Beeblette said...

Mmmmm, did someone say Shiraz? My favorite!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home