Thursday, May 04, 2006

Another Round of....

....Magnificence!

Since I'm such a good sport, I'm going to bang out another five things that I think are magnificent about me. I'm trying really hard to find some balance here. I want to list things that I like about myself without having it come across like "dig me, I'm so friggin' cool," (which I am, but I just can't come right out and say it - that would be wrong). Here goes:

  1. I have good manners - I know how to say "please" and "thank you"
  2. I have exceptional taste when it comes to beer and coffee (does this really count? well, to me it does)
  3. I don't look at subordinates at work as being "beneath me." They are my equals that need my help and decision making skills sometimes
  4. I'm fair. I make efforts to see and understand other people's points - even if I don't exactly agree with them, I won't simply dismiss them as being "wrong"
  5. If I earn someone's trust, I take it seriously

Yeah, this "List o' Five" doesn't get any easier as I go along. It took me about 20 minutes to come up with that stuff. I'm afraid that the Magnificent Well might be running a little dry. We'll see if/what I can come up with tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Okay, as per my post today, I shall fulfil my promise. For each magnificent trait you mention, I will match it with things *I* think are magnificent about you!

1. You walk your talk. You don't say stuff you don't mean, even when it's hard to say what you need/want to say, you say it but with kindness.

2. You are a MAGNIFICENT friend to me because you genuinely, deep down, care.

3. You are open minded about going along with woo-woo stuff even if you don't "get it" and you don't make fun of me for believing in it so fervently.

4. You can snark along with the best of them.

5. Impeccable music taste. I need only ask for a good song and you can give me five off the top of your head.

(Bonus magnificence: you like "in" jokes (i.e. pups and lugs)).

Let this be your encouragement to go forth tomorrow and find another five to list! (this took me all of 3 minutes to write, btw!)

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good manners will take you a long way!

8:25 AM  
Blogger P. said...

"This took me all of 3 minutes to write, btw." Show off!

I'll have to bring my "A" game for my list tomorrow. Thanks for the "bonus" points, too. You're a pal.

And for H-L-K's comment - Thank You. (see, I have manners and know how to use them!)

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...I am Bexley's sister-in-law. I love your list and really love the acknowledgement about trust. It is such and important aspect to any relationship. Congrats on keeping that key!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home