Friday, May 12, 2006

Cleanliness Rocks!

I decided to take a few hours out of my day to give the ol' hacienda a good cleaning. Sadly, this place won't clean itself and I'm not independently wealthy enough to afford maid service. So I gotta do what I gotta do. I refuse to live like some effin' slob. A female friend of mine once described me as the cleanest straight guy she knows. Thanks? Not sure what to make of that remark, actually. And of course, today as I'm cleaning, I didn't hear the phone over the vacuum cleaner. When I realized I'd missed a call, I promptly returned it. It was my friend/co-worker, Brian.

Brian: "Where were you? Why didn't you answer the phone?" (he called all of three minutes earlier).
Me: "Sorry man, I was running the vacuum cleaner."
Brian: "You're such a domestic bitch. You're gonna make someone a good wife one day."
Me: "Fuck you, Otis (one of his ridiculous nicknames). What do you want?"

The point here isn't so much how clean my house is, how much shit my friends give me or how heterosexual I happen to be. It's that I managed to crank out some great tunes from my library that I hadn't heard in awhile. I enjoy rediscovering old favorites. Heard some great stuff from the Smithereens ("Kiss Your Tears Away" will always be one of the coolest songs on the planet), Soul Asylum, Crowded House, Michael Penn, and Everclear - just to name a few.

So now my place is all cleaned up, the music is still cranking out and I'm in a pretty damn good mood. I think it's a good time to break out one (or more) of the guitars and have some fun. Playing rock star in my living room is good fun. All I need to do now is teach Jake - my roadie-dog - how to get groupies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I'm quite sure you ain't gay so vacuume your ass off, buster! Chicks dig a guy who has some skillz, yo.

:) Whatcha doing this weekend?


(ps: I deleted my earlier comment because I used a word twice in one sentence and I can't have that kind of faux pas get out. It would so ruin my rep, dig?)

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man who knows his way around a vacuum...just gives me goose bumps ;) 'specally with the music rockin' and the undie thing going on whew I think I need to sit down and have a cup of coffee!

Fanning herself...

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home