Friday, August 25, 2006

Play Break

OK, so I have today off from work and that's all well and good. But I can't help but think that it's fundamentally wrong that I'm doing more work today than I have all damn week.

This past week at work was mostly just "busy" work. Doing stuff on the computer, making some phone calls, sorting files that need to go to my successor and things like that. I even went on a number of calls with the guys on the street (not because I had to, but because it was a cheap excuse to get out of my office). But for all the "busy" work I did, I was pretty far from over-working myself. Hey, it was my last week in my office, I fell into total slacker mode.

So now I'm off today, which is very cool since I have a lot of stuff around the house to catch up on. I got started awhile ago with the usual laundry and junk like that. After my second cup of coffee I decided to finally get my ass outside and start tackling the yard work (which there is never any shortage of). Can I just tell you all how much I hate doing yard work? Well, it's not so much that I hate it. When I'm out mowing and all that, I see instant results and the joint looks good again. I like that aspect of it. I don't like that it seems to take the better part of forever and that it's still around 90 degrees outside. Got the front yard mowed and came inside for a much needed bottle of water. Listened to a message on my machine and now I'm waiting for a friend to call me back (I hate it when you return messages within a couple of minutes and get that "Hey, let me call you right back" bullshit. That was 15 minutes ago...still waiting). So I figured while I'm sitting here waiting around, I'd type some nonsense on here.

Tonight is a party up in Baltimore which should be a good time. Tomorrow is a trip to Home Depot so I can get some paint for the master bedroom and some other junk. I still have no idea what color I want to paint it, so hopefully it won't take too long to sort that part out. Then I get to spend the better part of the day doing my "inside" work. Everything is coming along nicely, but not nearly as fast as I'd like it to. I'm impatient that way. Then tomorrow night I'm going over to my brother's house to hang out for a bit and we'll probably head out to Bethesda for a beer or four.

It should be a fun and productive weekend. I hope so anyway. I can't believe that the summer is almost over. It's flown by. I'm looking forward to getting into the fall season ('cause that means HOCKEY!), and things cooling off and, hopefully, slowing down a bit.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Check back next week since I'm sure that my first couple of days back on the street will be chocked full of stupid criminal stories.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey P - Just a quick "are you breathing?" check! Lovin' life at 5AM yet? I'll be joining you Tuesday as the youngest progeny starts Middle School and has to catch the bus around (OMG) 6:10. 1) I'm NOT old enough to be the parent of a teenager.
2) Who the Hell thinks I know what to do with a teenage boy?!!!

We will survive, hope you are to!!

33 days "till Hockey Season - 35 day until my 1st CAPS game!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Heya! I'm still waiting on the stories of your first week! Slacker!

Hope you're doing well.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home