Monday, July 17, 2006

My Homage

You've probably noticed a slight change in the layout here. I was pretty bored this evening and thought I'd dedicate a little time to sprucing this thing up a little bit. And what better way than to pay tribute to the most wacked-out person I can think of - Christopher Walken.

This guy is definitely on the short list of people I'd love to meet. He's so incredibly weird, and funny, and I'm not so sure that he even tries. I've loved him in pretty much every movie I've seen him in, and especially when he's hosted Saturday Night Live. Yes, I do own the "SNL: Best of Christopher Walken" DVD. It's an absolute classic. If you don't have it, rush right out and get it. You gotta love the "Colonel Angus" sketch! If you've never seen it, say the name a couple times fast and you should get the joke.

My admiration for the man was sparked by the Kevin Pollak show at the Improv Saturday night. It was a damn good time. Kevin puts on a great show and has some incredibly funny material which includes one of the best Walken impressions I've ever seen (he also does a great Alan Arkin). After the show, I had to buy his latest CD "A Little Off the Top," as it is pretty much a CD of the show he performed. Also got to meet him and got him to autograph the CD. Kevin is a really cool guy. Incredibly short (I'm talkin' like 5'05"), but very cool. Check out his CD as well, damn funny stuff.

Walken is the man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beeblette said...

I dig Christopher Walken. Very funny shit.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Beeblette said...

P.S.
Very much liking your header!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home