Monday, October 29, 2007

"Waited For The Day When, You Came Out From Beneath All That Weight...

...I tried to lift it, but it seems I got there too late."

- from Buffalo Tom's "I'm Allowed." Very good, very underrated, and slightly old (10+ years ago) song.

So I managed to make it though my weekend from hell. This was my day shift weekend. I know everyone's heard me bitching before about how much I don't like working the day shift. Yeah, nothing's changed. I still dread getting up at 3:30 in the morning to go to work. Three days in a row of it damn near kills me. But I've only got to do it again on Wednesday and Thursday and then I get a break from it for a few weeks. Now I'm enjoying a couple nice days off with little to do (well, except for tonight when I'm working an off-duty security gig for a few hours). I'll probably spend the better part of tomorrow getting things cleaned up around the house. It's amazing how quickly this place seems to fall into shambles. You think Murphy would lift a paw or two to help out, but noooooooooo. Thanks buddy. Good looking out.

Lisa, I'm right there with you. I was at the home opener when the Caps blanked the Hurricanes and then it started to go downhill. Some sloppy play going on, and I'm not digging it. But, if they have to play shitty, I'd rather they just go ahead and get it out of their systems now and have their acts together by the end of the year. Blow a couple games early on in the season and go on a tear. That would work for me. Of course, if we were working with a roster that was 100%, that might help. Between Semin being out in the begining, then Poti, now Clark. Ugh. I'm hoping that Clark won't be out too long, but that was a vicious one-timer he took to the melon. If I were on the receiving end of an AO slap shot, I'd probably be six feet under right about now. So, anyway, get it together guys.

I'm really not sure when the next game I'm going to is. I might look into going to the Caps/Flyers game on the 2nd. I'm off work that day, so I might be able to drag myself down there.

OK, I have a vote in favor of me launching "protectandsmirk.com." I'll continue to look into how/when that might happen. Right now, I think I'll geek around with the software I've got here on my Mac that's supposed to be good for building web pages and see what it looks like. If I think I can put something halfway decent together, I'll go for it. But I don't want to do anything half-assed. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to do things full-on-assed.

That's it for today kids. I need to go grab a quick lunch and play with Murphy for a bit to wear his wound-up ass down. See you on the flip side.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! P&S.com is a great idea, imagine what Murphy could come up with while you are gone...Did ya see last night's game? 7-1 YIPPEE, of course I fell asleep when the Leafs were getting boooed off their own ice. Thanks for the kudo on my time on Snarkypants, I liked it. Since I just got a new laptop maybe I will start a little space of my own. Good to see you back!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

We are going to be at the Caps/Flyers game - just look for Duty in his (gack!) Flyers jersey and me in my (YEY!) Caps shirt! :) (Level 200 I think)

WordPress is the software for blogging buddy. Get over yourself with the software on your apple and just do it already.

I'm doing NaBloPoMo (blogging each day in November. Bet YOU can't do that! hahah)

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home