Monday, July 09, 2007

"I Ain't Wasting No More Time on What You Did, Or What You Didn't"

Today's song lyric comes from Emerson Hart's "If You're Gonna Leave." Most people don't recognize his name, but this guy has been making incredible music for years. Emerson is the former frontman for the band Tonic, who, of course, made the uber-rock song "If You Could Only See" in mid-90's. If you only know Tonic from that song, do yourself a favor and pick up some CD's. "Lemon Parade," which contains the aforementioned track, is an amazing record. Their follow-up, "Sugar," is kick ass. The title song is one of the best songs I've ever heard, along with "Waltz With Me." Their third, "Head On Straight," was Grammy-nominated for the song "Take Me As I Am," which, again, is incredible. I've seen Tonic play live once, around 12 years or so ago, and it was amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing Emerson tour behind his new record.

Speaking of music, I have a couple concerts lined up over the next couple of months. A triple-bill of Counting Crows, Collective Soul and Live will be playing up in Frederick next month. I'm looking forward to that. I've seen Counting Crows and Live before and they put on a good show. My old band used to cover a Collective Soul song (come to think of it, we covered songs from all of those bands), so I know I'll have a good time. Late next month it's the Pat McGee Band playing at the Bottle & Cork in Dewey Beach, DE. I haven't been out that way in awhile and I'm missing it. The Bottle & Cork is a cool place to see a band play live, and the Pat McGee Band just rocks. I can't wait.

In addition to the music stuff coming up, I also have a comedy show coming up on the 18th, which promises to be a great time. Frank Caliendo at the DC Improv. If you don't know who Frank is, you're missing out. He does an ass-load of impressions and he does them all VERY well. He's the only guy I know who can imitate John Madden and then go right into Robin Williams, Jerry Seinfeld, Jim Rome and Scooby Doo. Usually, after the shows at the Improv, you can meet the comedians in the lobby to get autographs, etc. I'm looking forward to meeting Frank.

So it seems I have some cool stuff coming up, but not really much happening now. I just finished working the weekend and I'm enjoying a day off. I have a court appearance tomorrow morning, then I work again on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm looking forward to having this weekend off. Should be a good time.

Ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow this healing stuff is quite time consuming (singing Healing to the tune of "Feelings". I'm sure you were checking all the time just sitting on the edge of your chair waiting for my pithy comments ;)

When were you in a band? Were you the hot lead singer, the badass bass guitar, big hair lead guitar or sweaty but silent drummer??? Inquiring minds that aren't working need to know!

How is the new iPhone?? Worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

If you like Bill Engvall (comedian) he has a new show starting tonight 9PM on TBS.

I'm not listening to anything on my iPod right now - it isn't speaking to my computer so off to the Apple Store. Sounds like a ROAD TRIP!!!!

I gotta get out more
Kim

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home