Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Move Along, Move Along Just To Make It Through

I was painfully reminded over the past couple of days just how much I despise working the day shift. Getting out of bed at 3:30AM has never been my forte, and having to deal with a seemingly endless parade of brain-dead idiots all day long doesn't make it any better. Thankfully I'm off today.

The past week has been crazy with a capital "C." On the morning of Memorial Day one of my officers shot someone. I'm not going to get into great deal about it right now, because the State's Attorney's Office still hasn't given it their blessing yet (although I expect they will any day now), but there's no doubt in my mind that my officer was completely right to shoot. The person he shot isn't dead (nor is he expected to die), so that's always a plus, but there's still a ton of hoops you have to jump through when you cap someone in the line o' duty. Another one of my guys is shipping off to Iraq this week. He's been on leave for the past couple of weeks to have time with his family, etc. before he goes. So raise your glasses tonight to my friend, Larry. Get back soon and safe, buddy.

Today should be fairly relaxing. Nice weather and not a whole lot to do around here. I need to run out to pick up my dry cleaning in a bit. I'll take Murphy with me since he loves car rides and since I've been working the past two days, he hasn't had much time to spend with Dad. Tonight I'll trek out to Kent Island for a going away party for another guy I know. He's in the Royal Navy and has been stationed at Ft. Meade for the past three years. His tour here is over and it's time for him to head back over to England. Should be a good time. Only thing that really sucks about going to this party tonight is that I'll miss watching the hockey game. The Stanley Cup could very well be awarded tonight. Part of me is hoping that Ottawa wins tonight to force a game six, so I can watch all the action. But I'd like to see Anaheim win it. They've played great and have most definitely earned it.

Anyhow, I'm going to hit the shower and hit the road. Ciao.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man - I was down for the count (5 days hosp, 6 days in la la land) and no comment on the Cup - Yeah Ducks!- pics of Murphy, new music suggestions, or even a sarcastic rant on ...whate ever! I'm gonna take a pill ;)

Kim

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home